New Year's Eve

20131231-024357.jpg

To deal with expectations is one of the most daunting things in life. From India winning an overseas series to passing that effing exam, we tend to expect. Expectations go high during festive days, holidays and weekends. Why do we get so high on friday? Because we expect to 'freak out' during the weekend even if that means sitting home all day and watching tv. That's the problem.

New Year's eve is one of those problems. No one is sure what to do and yet we try to do 'something' because it's a new year. Sulk the whole rest of the year, it doesn't matter, but we need to start the new year with a bang is the premise. I'm stuck in the same situation not knowing what to do. I've asked few friends for advice and the responses were like, 'Go somewhere' or ‘Do something different'. One girl even suggested me to watch 'Dhoom 3'. That's when I stopped seeking for more advice. My initial plan was to go to an exotic place nearby, and I'm tired of looking for such exotic destinations around Hyderabad. I don't drink, I don’t smoke and I don’t eat non-vegetarian food, which filters out most of the regular options and raises the most obvious question, how do I enjoy if I don't drink, smoke or eat non-veg? Going to a movie or restaurant is a usually weekend thing which doesn't qualify to the 'Must do things on new year's eve'. Wow, I got a reason for everything.

I can still convince myself and do nothing but I have a partner under the same roof who wants to 'go somewhere, do something different and freak out'. Handling these expectations can be daunting.
In any case, one advice to fellow victims, Keep calm and sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts