The Change

Ideally, I should have blogged on 1st of September 2010. Keeping the reason apart, things have pretty much changed both professionally and personally since then. I anticipated my life would take a U-turn and so it did and here I’m, alone in a place away from home trying to express myself in more than 140 characters at 6:02 in the morning.

So let me go back to the month of November when the action started. I was desperately looking for reasons to change because I had lot of crazy ideas which I wanted to implement while serving the notice period of a job. If I look back now, it seems as if I resigned only to experience those funny little moments and not because of the actual work I did. 25th of November was the day when I officially resigned and like any other company, it took less than a tick for the news to pass across the floor. Few told me it was a risk considering the good chances I had in the company and few encouraged me to quit considering their situation in the company and few didn’t even bother. I took a decision and the result of the decision is why I’m here, alone in a place away from home trying to express myself in more than 140 characters at 6:14 in the morning.

I started dreaming about my future and made beautiful sketches in mind on how I would lead my life and how things would eventually fall into place. Images of my best friends, family, new colleagues at work and the kind of work I would do started rolling in front of my eyes much before the 1st day of my second job. The month of December went exactly how I wanted and even though I had many questions in mind, they slowly slipped into the back of my mind because I had better things moving in front my eyes. The negative energy called ‘doubt’ was killed with a positive energy called ‘Hope’ and sometimes greater energies like ‘confidence’ and ‘trust’ went overboard and made me blind but when reality strikes, it strikes hard on your face and erases all those fancy sketches making us realize the god of all energies called ‘experience’ and the result of such events is why I’m here, alone in a place away from home trying to express myself in more than 140 characters at 6:23 in the morning.

After I started working again in the month of January, life was kind enough to offer me two viewpoints. Looking at the short-terms goal, I made minor changes to all those images and thoughts described above and tried to convince my mind by assuming better things and ignoring certain facts. The long term goal however remained unchanged. The overall picture was hard to digest because all those rosy images turned into real objects of existence which gave my life an entirely new look. To keep it simple and straight, I wanted to draw a horse but it turned out to be a dog. I was not only forced to move out my comfort zone but also from my little world, just like a frog jumping out of the well and here I’m, alone in a place away from home trying to express myself in more than 140 characters at 6:32 in the morning.

It took a while to understand and get into the lifestyle of a new city and I started spending more time in contemplating my thoughts which slowly got aligned giving a better clarity. I had tough time exploring the neighborhood and I totally blame it on my association with Gachpich and Stalwartz, two major friends group back home, as they increased my expectations and made me search for those familiar characters among strangers. I realized I had very little space for new friends in my life found most of the people around to be stupid. Not sure if I’m being one in thinking so, which could be one of the reason why I’m here, alone in a place away from home trying to express myself in more than 140 characters at 6:44 in the morning.

Today, I feel good and thank the Almighty for giving me enough confidence and power to remain balanced and grounded in a world where it is easy to get carried away. The ‘change’ is a good experience beyond doubt and I’m not concerned about the end result because it helped me realize the significance of certain aspects in life which I took for granted. I’m sure there is more to follow because the ride has just started and here I’m, alone in a place away from home trying to see life beyond 140 characters at 7:01 in the morning.

Any doubts?

Comments

Sandeep said…
Gotcha! had a similar phase in my lyf when I moved over to Nyc. Keep it simple ra, take every individual as a separate entity and see how your experience with them changes. I sure do know there is more than what words can convey ova here..but am just trying to stay away from going into the intrinsics of the matter!
Snehith said…
I am sure this means more for a blogger than the likes on Facebook. It is that phase of life where in you realise that You are responsible for you, and you hate and like it equally :)
Pr:Dtam said…
Yes, you know it better! :)
Pr:Dtam said…
You are right. That actually helps. Thanks ra
Dhanraj said…
read this quote for the first time on one of trainers tee, when in Dell, whom we know -
"The constant part of my life is Change" and it reverberates once in a blue moon!

Popular Posts