Can't remember the title.

There are few things which cannot be changed, they are called universal facts. Like, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Similarly, I have a universal memory that cannot be changed.  No matter how hard I try, there are few things which I fail to remember. It was okay until I forgot things like my wallet, keys etc at various stages of life, at least I thought I was much better than my maths lecturer who locked 60 guys in a room thinking it was empty.  However, yesterday I realized the enormity of my memory.  


I was in my car, whining tunes of some old track playing in the background and my dad was sitting next to me who had no clue about my condition. After few seconds, my tunes stopped and I whispered… ’shit…ooh shit’!! My dad had no clue why I reacted that way…he saw the same expression on my face few years back when India lost the world cup. Before his blood pressure rose, I told him the truth…and now I’m here to tell the truth again. Well, the fact is I forgot to attend my close friend’s wedding.  I could have ignored but this is not the first time this happened.  Sundeep, my classmate and bench mate, who is answerable for my scores in engineering…is one of my close friends and I forgot to attend his wedding. Now, the strange part? I attended his sister’s wedding but forgot to attend his.

He’s already cursing me for many reasons but let’s keep that offline. I know I’m a bad friend…but nothing was intended.  Not sure if he will excuse me, but a friend suggested that I should hire a P.A to retain information and friends. Considering the effects, that’s not a bad idea, so applications are invited for young, beautiful, sharp girls. There will be a sample test followed by personal interview. The test will contain important dates and occasions of my friends and family which you can go through for 30 mins and you will have to give those dates in the same order when you come for the personal interview.  The more you remember, the more you earn. $$$

Comments

Anonymous said…
You definitely need a PA! All I can remember is your sister's bday.. :P But then again, I bet you wont forget it!
AS... said…
You dint attend Sundeep's wedding!!! that is mighty mighty bad Preets...

BTW, are you still accepting applications for the post of your PA?? I am good with dates ;) Now that I am coming back home, I should start looking for jobs :P
Preetam said…
@arps: yeah...nuvu na PA aithe, pilavani pelli kooda dates fix chesthav :P

Popular Posts