Keyboard issues

Call me rude or mean…I don't care and I hate to give handshakes when typing, particularly at work. Yes, it's basic protocol to reciprocate when someone greets you, but sorry I just can't do that daily. For some strange reason, I find no pleasure or excitement in greeting or wishing people I meet every day. Not that I hate them or want to ignore them, but even if it's my close friend, the same rule applies. It's understood and I feel you don’t have to give a handshake daily to express your amity (a genuine smile is enough). Handshakes don’t bother me, but I get irritated when ppl walk up and wait for my response. This happens a lot at work and only when im busy with the keyboard. Probably, a simple nod and smile, and perhaps a verbal acknowledgement of the greeting would do. I see both pleasant and unpleasant faces at work day after day and by chance, if an unpleasant face walks up to my desk in an unpleasant situation and offers a handshake when my fingers are busy jumping on multiple keys… I feel like thumping the keyboard on his/her head. Too bad? Yes, that’s how I am and by the way, I just got a new keyboard :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
well, thts true!!!
Unknown said…
really!! I'm discovering new traits of you.Did they never exist or did u not discover them so far!!!!!!!!!!
Rahul said…
I know one fellow at work who literally squeezes the life out of everyone with this thundering handshake.
Anonymous said…
So there are people like me on the planet

Popular Posts