Nasty behind the nets.

Catch, catch…pranksters on roll! She and I were returning home at night, when we saw a group of young guys playing badminton with full heart. The open soil looked like a mini-stadium with flood lights and spectators all around. Truly, professional players..eh? we sighed. They played every night, irrespective of how the weather and court conditions were. The whole thing went on well and life was good for those players until one fine morning. We were on the same road again when she said “you know what? I want to mess up the net “. Initially, I dint react but I could comprehend her intention behind those words. After all, it was she who taught me ;)

Next morning, court was empty. I stopped the bike close to the net so that we could run easily in case someone spots us. She got down and walked up to the net. She tried to pull down the upper ends of the net, half-heartedly. I watched the surroundings…no one present. We enjoyed it. A silent prank and silence all around. “It’s tight”, she cried and was walking back without pulling the ends off completely. I got down though little apprehensive but still had the strong wish to mess it up, and we both walked up to the net again, pulled the top corners off, ‘hi-fied‘ and drove back home thinking if they would ever realize who did it. The badminton net looked almost like tennis net.
12 hrs later, she was on that road again. I was home busy with something else. My phone rang and as soon as I picked it up, she shouted, “ reyy guess wht? They are indeed fools…they are playing badminton with a tennis net “. I dint believe my ears. I ran towards that court just to see those players, flood lights, spectators and yes, the net was untouched… way below the normal height. He, who heard this story later couldn’t believe the sight too. The players indeed took the game very seriously. No matter how the weather, court and net conditions are, they come to play. Truly professional...eh? we sighed :P

Comments

Unknown said…
what the heck!!! they are dumbo's with nothing better to do. I hope "they"arnt someone I know!!

btw, who was "she" and the other :he"
mindbodysoul said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Preeti said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preeti said…
pehle bolo... yeh 'she' kaun hai.. :-)
naughtier than u i suppose...
Anonymous said…
@sush and preeti: yeah.. a childhood friend and yes very naughty :)

Popular Posts