What's up?

The title is one of those very complex questions which I cannot respond. Well, this is not a random statement but I wasted a lot of time trying to analyze this question. Im tired giving answers like " nothing much, routine work..etc". I never took the question very seriously, obviously who would? Adding fuel to fire is orkut wherein there are at least 4-5 scraps a day asking the same question. Frankly, i hate this question. A recent phone call made me think a lot on this subject

Her: Hiee..,
Me: Hey, long time…how are you doing?
Her: Im good, what’s up?
Me (confusion starts): Well, nothing much…routine work. Home-office-home.
Her: Okay, any movies lately?
Me: haa...not really. No good movies to watch. (FYI: I watch a movie every weekend)
Her: Hows everyone doing? Any outings lately?
Me: naah!! Will have to plan this weekend.
Her: hmm..aur sunao?
Me (heights of confusion): mmm…u tell me? (Best escape)
Her: wow ra!! No movies, no gossips, no outings, nothing to talk…your life is truly colorful.
Beep...Beep...

I would have never bothered if it was one o my regular calls but speaking this way on an international call…hmm, “nothing much” to elaborate!!

Popular Posts