Hey..kya bolthi tu?

Does our intellect come down if we talk more? Sounds strange, right? There are people like me who just love to talk more and more so correlating my habit to the initial statement will make me intellectually challenged some day. I don’t know how true that is but I was really surprised when I heard this theory. I always wonder how few people can stay quiet for hours together unless they are two cancerians who have the potential to sit silently for more than couple of hours. United we are silent, divided we talk.

I constantly admire VJ Cyrus Broacha for his talking pace and I think there is nothing called period in his vocabulary as there’s a hair's breadth space left for a comma to accommodate the period. Honestly, I can’t gel with people who are soundless. There was guy in my college who always had a straight face no matter what the scenario was. He was named Mission Impossible alias Bin Laden as most of us were ineffective in our attempts to draw out any kind of expression on his face. When I think of the word ‘silence’, two things always hit my mind. 1. My graduation days. 2. My office colleague.

I always believed silence to be spooky, at least through out my graduation chapter. Not that I was silent but I had no alternative other than being silent. The entire phase appears funny every time I think of those days. I was not imposed to be silent but I was apprehensive to talk. Here’s just an example how the state of affairs looked like…I used to come home after college with a mind-numbing face and slowly crawl into my room without making any noise just to avoid superfluous thoughts in my parents psyche.

I being a professional in botching up the demands of education was always anxious to show off my flair at home but my rate of speech which was directly proportional to the numbers on my mark sheet always let me down. Making the scene worse was my twin sister whose talent got recognized two minutes before I was born. Since then, I’ve been practicing songs like “Who let the words out…who..who…who” and made posters which said “ silence is spooky, speak out”. In short, I was searching for a reason to talk and eventually I found this platform.

Another definition of silence is my office colleague who joined few months back and trust me I didn’t hear his voice till date. I know he can talk but I was never blessed to hear his tongue. I will soon start an anti-silence motion where people would be given one rupee for one word. Therefore, my dear silent brothers and sisters of the globe please join the anti-silence motion and become millionaires overnight. I wanted to write this post more seriously but my physical dimensions will not sync with my mental thoughts which is one of the reasons why most people can’t acknowledge my philosophy.

Say what you wanna say now, but keep your hearts open;
Be what you wanna be now, let’s heal the confusion.

Comments

sushama said…
hey , wassup with ya...Im actually surprised to see this post today. I thought u would never talk about your "silence" but today seems different. I know your phases and Im sure its like that for most of us.Its jus takes time for ppl to recognise us for what we are. SOmetimes, sadly,they never do. ANyways, Im glad this thought came out of u now and HAPPY TALKING MAN!!
AS... said…
preeeeeeeeeeeetz..wud ya gimme 1$ a word...???
Anonymous said…
@arpz: strictly for people who r silent. looking at the number of E's in my name, i dont think ur silent :D
Anonymous said…
So...Do you still admire Cyrus Brocha? Do you think Im better??? I make you talk too!!!! :)

Popular Posts