When I was pregnant...

If Tendulkar started playing cricket at that age, I was thinking about babies. Yes, it was certainly eerie. However, I blame it on our education system which was tad slow during those days due to which I had different misapprehensions in life. This can be the uncanny if only a man experiences it. I thought this little and funny fact of my life should be open to everyone before ‘someone else’ who knows about this speaks out.

The clock struck 4 in the boys’ hostel and we all gathered near the dining hall to have a cup of tea. With half closed eyes, I was watching things with little awkwardness. I knew something was wrong internally as my system was not working as designed. The only question which struck my mind was “Am I pregnant?”

I was little worried and doubtful with a true theatrical expression thinking ‘how can this happen to me?’ I know boys cannot be pregnant, but I was not completely sure and our science teacher was still pages away from chapter no: 8, the reproductive system. Caught in a worst situation, I walked up to my friend who was busy enjoying his cup of tea. I sat down and waited for him to finish his tea, few minutes later I turned my head and asked “Do boys get pregnant?” He was like WTF, and thankfully there was no tea left in the cup but his expression gave me a lot of relief.

My friend asked, “Why the hell did you get that doubt now?” embarrassed to some extent, I confessed the truth. I was in a notion that children are born if people hug each other. I was very scratchy when someone hugged me even out of affection because I had my own fears in mind. I said, “last night was the send-off party and I thought I hugged too many there”.

Few days later, we went through the most appealing pages in the history of nature. I read chapter no: 8 twice just to make sure that everything was in place. My friend smiled and said, “Don’t worry, we are safe!!”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thats all you trusted me?? Wait I shall get another secret out from you :) or maybe then you'll blog about that too...So finally its out of your system...


-That someone else...
Anonymous said…
ufff!!! so, u are safe...
heheheheee...
Kk said…
You're a boy or a girl., You're ALWAYS safe if you're taking the right precautions my friend., ;)
sushama said…
that was funny dude ...btw, how come u are so mum these days...Im calling u like crazy and u dont even reply back...
Uma Kabotula said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uma Kabotula said…
hehehe....i couldn't stop laughing.
Preeti said…
man.. this is too too bad...
its better if i don say anything abt this post now... hhaahhaa

Popular Posts