Where are they?

So, yes, mmm…and that’s how we got back to work. Even now, it’s thorny to keep up and I’m almost howling to get that one thought. I’m talking about my recent post in Den, and this is not hangover, this is what I or rather we would like to maintain. Snehith’s recent post explains my mind-set in a much better way. He wrote about how our lives changed over the years and how we overlooked our preferred pass-time. So, this took me down the memory lane where we used to pencil in for hours together, lost in our thoughts without food and water.

Paintings, cricket and G.I-Joe’s- This was our life. Sitting in a petite balcony, we used to draw or construct houses using our old books for those little GI-joe’s. Our book shelves were their barracks and we used to power them with torch-lights. We had a collection of around 25+ G.I-joe’s and we made them work, fight and love. It was hard war when it came to love because we had only two girls- Baroness and Zarana. My favorite character was Mainframe who lost his leg in one of our local wars and thereafter was bed-ridden for days. We couldn’t find his replacement and one diwali night, we had to rocket him up to the heavens. Here are a few pics of my beloved action-hero …
Then it was time for cricket. Snehith was the commentator + player and we used to play a lot of test matches. In one of our series, we thought, he who wins the most number of matches is the favorite child of god and that series was a draw. Our conclusion-God treats everyone equally. Lol, mixing spirituality and sports- considering our belief, Australia would have been God’s favorite country by now.

Comments

Snehith said…
ROTFL..Yeah man i remember now..we rocketd that guy..and he used to be bed ridden with his one leg in the 'house', and yeah "Baroness" was the one i had right..the black lady..My fav hero was Cobra Commander..remember !! and also Torpedo, Snowman, SGT Slaughter..Check this link

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=history&section=80s

Nostalgic dude..Good ol days !!
Unknown said…
guys...u lost me on those GI joes!! ok, I confession....i hated those guys with all my heart! one for not understanding/watching GI joe's and second, couldn't even play with those guys!

ok a list of things I hated that everyone else loved playing....WWF cards - by the time I got a hang of them, they were out of fashion! duh!

pria singing non stop in anthakshari! don't let her know I detested playing anthakshari coz I was afraid of her taking over !

well, I guess I was immersed in my world of books to even listen about these things ( even u ever cared to explain), so I don't blame you.

ahh...trips down memory lanes come is so many flavors...I love each one of them!
Rahul said…
No GI JOE here. entirely indigenous. something called some paavulaata :p then came big fun cards big time. any free stuff on offers was there for the taking.
Preetam said…
@snehith: yea dude..i gues u also liked shipwreck..nostalgic..mm

@sush: ur habit literally killed me

@bobli:paavulata was great fun da..especially the long snake at 96 :D
Unknown said…
I see you're FOLLOWING ME!!

well you seem to have an interesting blog... Hope alls good with you...
Anonymous said…
hahahaha... u guys sending Mainframe to heavens through rocket was phunny...

Popular Posts