One photo, please!

Home is where the heart is… will be the apt line to describe my experience. Finally, the month of June came to an end. Sad, but it’s been one of the most memorable phases of my life. I am tired now but I don’t want to rest. Though most of my programs were pre-planned, final minute judgments were too many. What was irksome few years ago, is now no longer a subject to consider. End result: I got what I wanted with less pain and more comfort.

First, it was Suryalanka Beach followed by the trip to North East. Back to back trips not only strained my back but also the skull. Just about 8 hrs drive from office and we reached the Suryalanka resorts 60 minutes after 0000hrs. The resort is attached to the beach, so we preferred the night on sand instead of the cot. Places like these are very emotional for koochikoo pairs because looking at the beach; one would certainly miss his/her partner. A modest smile, wet legs, half lit faces under the moonlight and a cell phone in hand. It was relatively romantic and dangerous for a guy like me to think more. Bachelor hoon yaar…bhavnao ko samjho. From ghost stories to shaggy dog stories, arguments on who must take photos and videos, who shouldn’t touch the camera and who should shut their mouth, we saw joy in each step.


Soon after a week’s gap, it was time to visit the chinky land of India. Actual plan was to visit Gangtok and Darjeeling but due to some disturbances in that region, we shifted our foot to Shillong and Cherapunjee. Beyond doubt, this is another great place on the planet. The head of the family here is a woman, and the property goes to the youngest daughter in the family. I wondered if boys were allowed to walk streets alone at night ;) The story was different in cherapujee, I couldn’t see the person standing in front of me. Job’s easy for a photographer here because any snap you blindly take, also turns out to be a masterpiece. No words can describe this place because I dint talk at all. I walked around silently capturing and thinking about the so called memories of life.

A couple saw me taking photographs of the sceneries around in different angles and that’s where the sad part of the tour started. They were stronger than the Vodafone network. They not only followed me but also forced me to take their pictures too at every scenic location. I call it sentimental force. First they smile, indicating that help is required and followed by few more signals, they hand over the camera and say... “Please eh…ek photo in this background”. It felt nice taking their pictures when they hugged, kissed each other in various poses but they couldn’t understand my feelings. Again, Bachelor hoon yaar…bhavnao ko samjho!!

Visit >The Den for complete tour pictures.

Comments

Kk said…
U lucky ass ! :)
Preeti said…
hmmm... yes... m jealous...

Popular Posts