Sounds Of Silence

I know you’re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you’re afraid…you’re afraid of us. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you….





It was one of the most wonderful trips i had in recent times. It was the ideal break and for the first time I took pleasure being alone. This thought struck my mind after watching “ Im Legend “. On the contrary, staying in a place which is completely isolated for months is definitely mind-numbing. For that reason, I along with few of my office colleagues planned to holiday at an isolated island. We initially thought of spending one whole day on the island, but due to some matured forces, we had to cut it short.

It was like going back to the early-man period. We cooked food on the island making use of sticks to light up fire and stones to place the mud pots. I wanted to try my hand, but my colleagues wanted to enjoy the trip and moreover it’s was an open place where washrooms weren’t available. So, bearing in mind the environmental circumstances, I dint cook :(

It was this island, where one side of it has the river Godavari flowing gracefully and the other side is touched by the Bay of Bengal. It was an amazing 4-5 km stretch and not a person around. All I could hear was the sound of the waves and the breeze which came along. Probably, this is called being in Nature’s lap.




I leisurely walked around the island, unaccompanied with our usual responsibilities and other relations. It was me and no-one else. My heart and mind were completely clear. No parents, no friends, no commitments, no demands, nothing…only me! There’s no point in elaborating how I felt because how much ever I write, you will never know how I felt. So, the maximum/minimum you can do is to smile.

I wrote this post only to let you know that I enjoyed being myself. Today, I love myself!!

PS: flickr for more pics.

Comments

Snehith said…
kool..would love to go such places as well...guess it brings us back to square one..to take time for ourselves and realise what we truly are, and what we really feel, and whats we lose in this mad-rush hectic world..gud pic by the way..take cr
Snehith said…
and hey..nice photographs in flickr..just checked them..and even the first paragraph is awesome..forgot to mention it in the previous comment..
Anonymous said…
yeah it feels great ;-) been through the experience while hiking....the more u get close to the Nature..it feels silent and calm ;-)
Anonymous said…
Well...I hope you never have to go anywhere to fall in love with yourself :) and that you have MANY more such holidays [hoping that the first one will be in Mumbai :)] and that you enjoy the company of yourself so much that you need no1....But if and when you reach there ..Dont forget ME!!!!

Popular Posts